Cheddar Hearts Crackers
Who said Goldfish Crackers have to be shaped like a fish?
A few weeks back, I was looking for a cheesy PUN INTENDED Valentines Day gift idea and I came across this homemade crackers recipe on Pinterest. Homemade Goldfish crackers on Tasty Kitchen. The Blog goes into how you can make tiny fish cookie cutter by cutting out aluminium cans etc, but really, why limit yourself to just fishes right?
I went on a mission to find an tiny itty-bitty cookie cutter. Let’s just say, they don’t come in itty-bitty sizes. I did however found another solution, fondant heart cut-outs by Wilton fondant cutter! Perfect Valentines Day present! I used the smallest one of the set here. I didn’t have to go out and buy any extra ingredients either!
What You’ll Need
1 Cup – Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
4 Table Spoon – Butter, Cut Into Cubes
1 Cup – Flour
¾ Teaspoons – Salt
2 Tablespoons – Cold Water
A food processor or a blender (The blender setting should be set on “chop”)
- Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
- Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.
- The dough (after rolling, cutting, re-rolling, cutting, and re-rolling) filled 2 cookie sheets.
Visit Tasty Kitchen Here for the step by step with images.
I did gift these with a couple packs of Campbell’s Cream of Tomato Cup-a-Soup, but any cream tomato soup would go perfectly with these cheesy hearts.
PS, you don’t have to wait until Valentines Day to make these, and really, you can use ANY shape and ANY sized cutter.