It has been a while since I’ve posted anything original… These are sooo delicious and super easy. You do need a waffle maker though!
2 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
3.5 tsp baking powder
1 cup melted butter
1.5 cup milk
2 eggs separated
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp matcha green tea powder.
1 bar white chocolate finely chopped (or ½ cup of white chocolate chip)
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Whisk together milk, butter, vanilla extract, and egg yolk in a separate bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until smooth.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg white into batter.
- Fold in white chocolate.
- Bake in waffle maker accordingly.
*Each waffle maker is slightly different with settings. I have the Hamilton Beach Belgium waffle maker and it takes about 4 minutes each side (my waffle maker flips) on the medium setting.
Also, spray your waffle maker with a bit of Pam helps it from sticking.