Chilli & Garlic Prawn Pizza with Zucchini & Mozza
This is what happens when I’m hungry – I took 1 picture of my dinner. I saw this recipe on Pinterest a while back and finally made it. You can find the original recipe here, but as usual, here are my tweaks.
Here is what the recipe calls for (and here are my tweaks..the ingredients are good for 2 medium sized pizza)
- pizza bases either ready made or you could try the Jamie Oliver pizza dough recipe (I used ready made President’s Choice Blue Menu Multi Grain thin crust))
- tomato puree (Just a jar of pizza sauce found in the Pasta sauce isle)
- 250gm mozzarella ball (I used Kraft’s shreaded pizza mozzarella, used the whole bag for both pizzas)
- cream to cover the ball and soak (about 125ml) (I omited this since I used the shreaded pizza mozzarella)
- zucchini, sliced thinly with a potato peeler and then shredded – 3 per small pizza (I misread the recipe and bought 1 Zucchini only and used a potato peeler to slice and shred)
- 6 – 8 prawns per pizza ( I bought a package of frozen whole prawns, defrosted it and shelled it)
- 1 clove of garlic and a small green chilli per pizza (the green chilli was wayyyy too spicy for me, so I just sprinkled some chili flakes)
- olive oil
- juice from half a lemon
- (I had some frozen calamari in the freezer from my Cioppino days)
This pizza was delicious! Don’t over sauce the pizza when you sauce it. I wonder if the lack of Zucchini made this more of a seafood pizza than a Zucchini pizza. I loved it, my boyfriend loved it, and his mom loved it too.
I wish I took more picture, with my actual camera instead of the camera off my Blackberry Torch. This picture really doesn’t do it justice, I guess you’ll have to see the pro shots from the original recipe’s page.
Om nom nom!